The Shops

By Wednesday, March 26, 2014 , , , , , , , , , , , ,





So I’ve recently poked at the Shops mesh pieces.  From the head, hands, and feet.  Demoing was interesting as I didn’t have much of any problems with them minus some lag.  Also I had hoped for those that aren’t as tech savvy that there would have been included some kind of tutorial.  That would have been very helpful in my opinion.  I had one problem and that was to demo The Shops skins of the mesh heads.  I had to ask a girl that had it working on how to do it.  It made sense as well but should have given a heads up instead of me pushing all the buttons a few times in a row to figure out how the heck to get the skin applied.


image


First off you need and I mean NEED the HUD system that they give out at the landing point at the sim.  ( The one on the Left is what you use to buy the products from the shops and the one on the Right will let you modify / choose/ change your styles and skin tones. )

It will be used to give the demos of the skins and also you must wear it while trying on the mesh head.  Here is the thing I didn’t realize while there when trying on the skins for the mesh head the first time.  I need to be wearing the mesh head when i choose the demos that I wish to try.  It will automatically put the face of the skin onto the mesh head.  You will not get an applier to go along with it to demo for later.  All demoing pretty much must be done at the sim if you are wanting to try out the mesh heads.  So some will have to deal with the lag but if you really want to demo this then you will have to fight it D:< with passion.

image


The picture above shows the attachments that I have on me right now.  I have the Bare feet and Relaxed hands.  You will click on one of them to bring up the menu to edit them.  It will have to be done for each attachment set.

image


image


image




These are the three options that they have set up right now for the menu for editing the attachments that are the hands and feet.  I do not yet know for the head as I did not wish to drop 5k or 2999 for a head that I will most likely never use.  NO offense to the Shops.  It’s a great product that is why I am talking about it.  But I like the way I look.  I will talk about the mesh head a bit later.

The relaxed hands and the bare, low, mid feet do come free. When I had put them on I was very confused on how they worked.  There is only 1 size the comes in the box but I saw each layer of sizes hovering over my arm, very odd and I wasn’t sure how to make it fit correctly.  ( I did not get a shot of this but may add it later when I get a new set just to show you but I got trigger happy and started clicking buttons).  Again you will need your HUDs for this.

image


So in the picture above you see the arm with the hand attached and it looks pretty flush with the sl arm.  It is set to the Petite.  It does range to the very large/ thicker so it can be universal to all sl shapes.  The fingers aren’t as slender as the Slink hands which I do enjoy but I like these as well as it’s natural looking in my opinion.

You will have these same options for the feet as well.  It is very easy to use and coloring is pretty self explanatory.  You buy skin ton 02 you choose 02 skin tone for the hands and feet.  Mainly when you get your skin and the attachments the only HUD that you will be using once you get home or where ever you are to edit what you have would be the Style HUD at the bottom right hand corner.  Like I said before the Shops on the right is mainly for demoing and buying.

OK so I was speaking about the mesh head.  I did grab one demo and these are the shots from it that you will see.

image


image



image

As you can see the menus do look very similar to the previous ones from the hands and feet but there are differences.  Your styles and modify are different.  Sadly since I have not bought any of the skins for the mesh head I suppose this is where it should go or where you can pick and choose your eyes/ brows/ lips.  There are very wide ranges of those to choose from.  I did like the eyebrow choices as it’s always a pain in the butt to get some of the brows to look the way you want them due to the sl avatar is set up with the skin the creator makes.

If I choose to buy a mesh head it is just for curiosity purposes to talk about.  Most likely will not use every day or just for a post about it when the other skin creators have released appliers for the skins.  But I enjoy the way that SL faces look ( of course with the right windlight settings) that we create.  We are the creators and builders of how we look.  Yes there are different ways to make yourself look different with the certain combinations that you pick and choose.  But what if someone had the same combination then you aren’t as different or unique if that is what you are looking to do.  That can all change of course when other skin creators chime in on these but for now you will or may find another that will look just like you.  I love new tech, mesh, anything that really has made its own mark in the world of sl.  I give major props to these creators for putting these things together.  I do hope REALLY HOPE that they will break down and make skin appliers for Slink as it’s been on the market now for some time to the point that it is a norm for people to have on them.

I did try slink certified shoes with these feet.  They do not work.  So I do hope they will get on the ball with that quickly.  I also know most skin creators have not done lolas and phat azz appliers yet but it would be nice to have set up.  Not everyone is a skinny minnie and like to have those curves.  I did notice that the feet did not work as well as the slink with the Luck inc phat azz.  I have not tried it yet with the Ghetto booty.  The cut for the blending was high up on the leg.

Anyway this is the blip that I had about the shops.  They’re still growing and I’m keeping an eye out on them.  I can’t wait to see what they make next and who joins in.

You Might Also Like

0 comments